Thursday, August 30, 2012

Throwback | Proenza Schouler, Calvin Klein, 3.1 Phillip Lim

00010fullscreen00030fullscreen00140fullscreen

Clean. Streamlined. Architectural.

I have a love for the fairly simplistic; an effective use of line, a sparing yet poignant use of color, an impressionable creation of silhouette. The result is just soothing to my personal palette. This of course isn't to say that it's in some way better than someone else's aesthetic - as I actually find the ability to strike just the right balance in an aesthetic composed of a hodgepodge of print and color a bit difficult, and thus possibly even superior - it's just different.  I mean Miuccia Prada for instance takes five influences each season, and rations them out into each look at just the right portion resulting in a stunning presentation. Mr. Jacobs does the same and the relatively new boys on the block, Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough are hot on their trails.  The collections from these three brands are some of my favorites.

As we head into NYFW I'm exhausted. I won't be attending - hopefully there will only be one more season that I have to say this - but as always I'll be keeping a casual eye on the happenings. In the past I haven't been a big "street style" buff but I'm trying to train myself into keeping a better eye out and hopefully I'll spot that covetable Proenza Schouler coat perched front row at somewhere like Alexander Wang.  One can dream.

left to right: 3.1 Phillip Lim, Proenza Schouler, Calvin Klein Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment