Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fade to Grey: NYFW SS13 Men's

Homme Mode TCSS13j Homme Mode RCLSS13h Homme Mode JASS13i
And we're off!

New York Fashion Week for the Spring 2013 season has officially begun and what better way for me to kick off my remote coverage - I'm currently sitting in a condo in Charlotte, North Carolina waiting to help implement one last night of partying for the Democratic National Convention - than with a post for the guys?

Flicking through the shows is always interesting for me. I think I've just realized I mentally take notes for each show and then compare those notes with my notes for the other shows.  So Duckie Brown's show brought to mind long silhouettes and denim tops. Noted(I also mentally noted that American Apparel currently has some denim tops on the racks as I was just in there Wednesday). Then of course there were of course the relatively soft colors at Richard Chai Love, and the contrasting bold primaries from Joseph Abboud, who makes his return to NYFW this season after a seven year hiatus. Noted.

But the 50 shades of grey that this first handful of shows spanned was a bit impressive! Whether a conscious happenstance of the designers or not, one must take note. For me it nods back a tad to Raf Simons' last collection at Jil Sander, though the renditions seen in New York are much more lax. Most impressive to me was that Tim Coppens thin long sleeved sweatshirt, with what seems to be a zippered leather pocket on the sleeve. Divine.

from left to right: Tim Coppens, Richard Chai Love, Joseph Abboud
source | Homme Model

1 comment:

  1. Great style. White grey is the best combination. I love the first and the third, that will be Tim Coppens en Joseph Abboud.
    www.fashiongentrix.com

    ReplyDelete