Thursday, September 18, 2014

Three Is The Charm: New York Fashion Week Spring 2015


"September is the January of fashion"
This month marks a full year of freelance life, one year and four months of living in New York city, and my third New York Fashion Week attending the shows in person. The first season, I bombarded my Instagram with multiple updates at each show(the final tally of shows hit the upper 30s). My second season, the show list got tightened to about half and I capped myself at one Instagram per show, focusing on hopefully proving myself with my words. And then there was this season: around 45 shows with 40 total reviews, seven of which involved some back stage designer interview access and a measly six shots for Instagram(only 3 were runway looks). I was comfortable enough to strike up quite a few conversations with other show guests but of course still in awe of the onion that is this industry. And while I do think that I've still got quite a bit to learn -- namely in trusting my gut instinct when I see a show -- it's been quite an amazing ride so far.

Here's to another year! See my reviews from this season below the jump
Designer Interviews:
CG by Chris Gelinas
Zana Bayne
Rubin Singer
Zoe Jordan
Dion Lee
Yigal Azrouel
En Noir
Other Reviews:
VFILES Made Fashion 3
BCBG Max Azria
Richard Chai Love + Men's
Creatures of the Wind
Duckie Brown
Costello Tagliapietra - Cameron Silver quote
Perry Ellis
Todd Snyder
Peter Som
Tess Giberson
Jason Wu
Tanya Taylor
Adam Selman
Monique Lhullier
Ostwald Helgason
Tibi
Christian Siriano
Jonathan Simkhai - Law Roach quote
Koonhor
Vivienne Tam
Nanette Lepore
Lela Rose
Theory
Milly
Patrik Ervell
Ovadia & Sons
Diesel Black Gold
Naeem Khan
Elie Tahari
Zang Toi
Rachel Zoe
Elizabeth and James
The Blonds

No comments:

Post a Comment