The Fall 2016 show season was intense. The men's shows kicked it off bouncing from London to Florence then to Milan and Paris. When they hit New York they were in for basically a three-week stay covering New York Fashion Week: Men's, men's market and then hurtling straight into the women's shows. You couple all of that with the changes to a "show now, buy now" format of presenting collections, and things were understandably chaotic.
All told I wrote 24 pieces spanning womenswear, menswear, celebrity style and even some beauty content (the latter for the first time). Sadly, I wasn't given the space to write standalone show reviews like I have in seasons passed but I did really get to delve into some stories and hopefully move the needle a little bit more.
Of everything I wrote, here are six key pieces I wrote for six different outlets about the Fall 2016 collections.
- Why Skinny Jeans Are Falling Out of Fashion - Maxim
- This Designer Just Showed Everyone How To Do Cultural Appreciation Beautifully - Mic
- Donrad Duncan on His Engineered for Motion Fall 2016 Collection - Fashion Bomb Daily
- More House Party Than Catwalk: Rochambeau Forges Ahead at NYFW - The Hundreds
- Meet Three Brooklyn Witches Behind Chromat Fall 2016 - Dazed & Confused
- Cushnie et Ochs are Refining Their Brand, Beginning With Fall 2016 - Observer